March Memeness, lifted from l’Empress herself. My Overtime is OVAH and I’m in a tired but celebratory mood. Here’s hoping some of my friends pick this one up.
- What is in the back seat of your car right now?
A box of kitchen stuff my oldest son was supposed to pick up a month ago and never did.
- When was the last time you threw up?
About 3 years ago – some kind of extremely nasty stomach bug was going around and my whole family was violently ill with it.
- What’s your favorite word or phrase?
- Name 3 people who made you smile today.
Lori, Laura and Reno (oh hush – Reno’s just a four-legged person).
- What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
- What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Picking up a pizza at Little Caesars’. It’s stale as heck and still beats cooking.
- Have you ever been to a strip club?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! HAHAHAHAHA!!! No. Not even maybe a little bit. Just no.
- What is the last thing you said aloud?
“His ankle is killing him,” said to my daughter with reference to G, whose ankle was turned to oatmeal a few years back and periodically leaves him pretty much incapacitated.
- What is the best ice cream flavor?
Wait… you mean there is another flavor besides chocolate??? EWWWWW!!!
- What was the last thing you had to drink?
- What are you wearing right now?
A turquoise pullover blouse and black-and-gray striped slacks
- What was the last thing you ate?
Aforementioned stale pizza.
- Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
No, but the week isn’t over yet!
- When was the last time you ran?
Probably around Christmas time when the grandchildren were here.
- What’s the last sporting event you watched?
A few kids’ games and an impromptu volleyball game at the office picnic Sunday.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’d love to visit any number of my friends! I would dearly love another meeting to include Poolie, Brain Gerbil, Zen and Chocolate, Terri, l’Empress, Yankee Chick, LA, Joanie (Hairdresser Extraordinaire) and a few dozen friends I have yet to meet via my other friends. Can you imagine ALL of us in one place at the same time?
- Ever go camping?
I used to and wouldn’t object again, so long as it involved SOME means of sleeping elevated from the ground. I’m good with a cot, if push comes to shove, but would much prefer a nice cushy camper trailer, hehe.
- Have you ever lost anything down a toilet?
Probably, just can’t think of anything off the top of my head
- What is your guilty pleasure?
I started to say trashy romances but to be honest they’re pretty boring. A romance is fine as long as it’s got an actual plot associated with it. Maybe my addiction to the hokiest SciFi stuff around? It’s hard for me to pinpoint because I refuse to feel guilty about what I enjoy.
- Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot?
Guilty as charged. Maybe that’s my guilty pleasure.
- Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Absolutely. Soda doesn’t taste the same without the straw.
- What did your last text message say?
I don’t remember what it said but I know it was to my daughter. Probably something like “can it wait ’til I get off work?”
- Are you someone’s best friend?
- What are you doing tomorrow?
- Where is your mom right now?
My mother passed away in 2002. I wonder if she ever found peace, or if she’s finding fault with St. Peter?
- Look to your left, what do you see?
A notebook, a pole lamp, a paperback book, a paper towel, lots and lots and LOTS of videotapes, and an Ionizer.
- What color is your watch?
Silver with gold trim and a white mother-of-pearl face..
- What do you think of when you think of Australia?
That is quite possibly the easiest question ever. Miss Hiss!!!
- Ever ridden on a roller coaster?
Yes, and loved it back then.
Depending on who you ask – Citrine, Imperial Topaz, or Turquoise.
- Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive through?
Drive through, whenever possible.
- Do you have any friends on facebook that you actually hate?
No, not at all. My FB page is this weird amalgam of real-life family, friends, and colleagues, and online friends. Not even a mild dislike in sight!
- Who is the last person you wrote a snail mail letter to?
- Last person you talked to on the phone?
My youngest daughter. I talk to her nearly every day. Considering how close I came to kidtracide when she was a teenager, that’s nothing short of a miracle.
- Have you met anyone famous?
Define famous. I’ve met God only knows how many political names, ranging from municipal council members to a couple of governors to Pat Robertson on one of his bids for the Presidency. I’ve met Bozo the Clown (or at least one version thereof;) singer Dan Seals, Danica Patrick and a couple of other race car drivers, a few actors and so on and so on.
- Any plans today?
As soon as I finish this, I am going to watch TV in bed.
- From whom did you get this?
From l’Empress, per the title of the entry and the first paragraph.
- Are you happy?
Not ecstatic, but it will do for now. (Me, too, l’Empress!)
- Where are you right now?
In our office, plunked down in front of the ‘puter.
- Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
- Last song listened to?
Something New Agey on my iPod wannabe. I just have it saved as “Part 1” and “Part 2”.
- Last movie you saw?
Ummm… something animated… But for the life of me I can’t remember it. It wasn’t that long ago, either!
- Are you allergic to anything?
You want the whole list or just the highlights?
- Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Easy Spirit sneakers I wish I could return to some semblance of their original white color.
- Are you jealous of anyone?
Not really. Nobody is problem free; mine are at least familiar.
- Are you married?
Yep, and didn’t make myself a widow yet, either
- Is anyone jealous of you?
I can’t imagine why anyone would be jealous of me other than the fact that I’m gainfully employed
- What time is it?
- Do any of your friends have children?
Most all of them do.
- Do you eat healthy?
Errr… I plead the fifth. Preferably vodka or maybe a nice bottle of white.
- What do you usually do during the day?
Work, drive, work, play on the computer, work.
- Do you hate anyone right now?
No, but I hate what some people do to other people.
- Do you use the word “hello” daily?
Ironically, no, despite my spending most of my day on the phone. I tend to be more specific (“Good morning” or “Good afternoon”)
- How many kids do you want when you’re older?
Is this a trick question considering I’ve got four kids not counting in-laws and outlaws, four grandchildren, two due any day, and three more step-grands in the wings?
- How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
- Have you ever been to Six Flags?
- How did you get one of your scars?
I lost a BIG mole on the inside of my arm – well worth the trade-off!
- Did/do you ever bite your nails?
Yes, unfortunately. I started again after the artificial ones bit the dust – so to speak.
- If you had a million dollars tax-free but had to spend it all on yourself and/or your family in thirty days, what’s the most expensive thing you’d buy?
I’d probably buy a nice big piece of property and pay to have several homes built on it – one for each family member.
- What is the single thing you can do to make the world a better place?
Make it a point to be kind to everyone around me.
There – with a couple of extras tacked on we’re up to sixty. Do I get a prize?